Wednesday, August 31, 2022

PIKE PROJECT "Everything Is Just Fine"


The latest PIKE PROJECT single "Everything Is Just Fine" is now streaming on all digital platforms! It's my love letter to The Cure and The Smiths. And it's about how the worst person I've ever known eventually led to me recognizing the best person I've ever known. (See lyrics and embeds below!)

Everything Is Just Fine:

Everything was fine until you went and walked into our lives
Everything was great, and then you went and took off your disguise
Nothing could be worse than how you made us feel
I can’t tell if anything you said was real?
Guess that’s just the way it goes?

Everything was fine the day you went and walked out of our lives
Now I wish that I could get it back, my love, my life, my time
Nothing’s ever as it seems or it should be
Nothing felt like it would fit right inside me
But the best was yet to come….

Everything was fine the moment that she walked into our lives
Everything was great the moment that she said she would be mine
I was so lost here without her
But there’s something sweet about her….
Now my world is how I wanted it to be
The harshest lessons always bring us to our knees
But with time, you learn to set all of that free
We’re born alone, and then there’s you and then there’s me
Guess that’s just the way it goes...











In terms of the music video, I didn't have a tradition music video idea for this one. Instead, since the third verse is about Alisa, I decided to edit together random iPhone footage of us from last summer while vacationing in the South of France. We were in a place called Saint-Astier and I fell very in love with it. So peaceful, and now one of my favorite places on Earth.

 

For now, that's it for videos, although I'm planning to shoot one last one for the track "Kill Your Ego" soon. And we have two alternate videos I'll share in the coming weeks. 

If you haven't already, please check out the full length PIKE PROJECT album, "To Auld Acquaintances... Vol.1," now streaming on all digital platforms, including Spotify, Apple Music / iTunes, Amazon Music, Bandcamp, Soundcloud, Deezer, Pandora, and beyond. (Or just listen to the embed below!)