Friday, August 19, 2022

Happy Birthday, Pop. I miss you...


Today would’ve been my dad’s 90th birthday. The last 2 songs on the Pike Project album are for my dad. Losing a parent is a very unique pain, and even now, I can’t listen to these songs. I collected them together and am re-released them as an EP titled "For Dad."

I put this video together for the Pike Project song "Fade Away" using some phone clips from his last few birthdays, photos & old footage my brother recently found as a tribute.

I miss you, pop. As long as people in this world love you, then "We never fade away."



Lyrics

Fade Away:

Reflecting back, on all the seasons
I’m on my back, I’m barely breathing
Went by so fast, wish I had more time
I did my best, what do I leave behind?
Where am I now? Not sure what’s happening
Can’t hear a sound, no I can’t sense a thing
But I feel love, I know my sons are here.
I promised them, there’s nothing left to fear.
We never, we never, we never
fade away
We carry on...