Wednesday, August 24, 2022

PIKE PROJECT "Break Down" - Single and Music Video


The latest PIKE PROJECT single "Break Down" is now streaming on all digital platforms. This is the one song that went through the most collaboration between myself and Christian. I kinda wrote it as a Nirvana song, and he pushed it more towards Nine Inch Nails.

Regarding the music video; back in February of this year, I was in San Diego visiting with my friend Robbie Ikegami and we had shot the video for "Hope For Us To Shine" using my iPhone 12. At midnight on my last night, he spontaneously suggested we drive over to Balboa Park and shoot this idea for "Break Down." We wanted to get it all in one take. So this is the 4th or 5th try. I sped up the audio track when we shot, so that I could play it in slow motion for the final video. And here it is. A song about being lost. But trying to find your way. (Lyrics below)



Break Down:

One step forward, two steps back
Not sure where we’re going, the static attacks
It feels like it’s over, we just need to breathe
We all have to let out what sleeps underneath...
With everything broken, we still can’t believe
The words that were spoken, what was real?
Even if we move forward, we’ll keep falling back
This failing is constant, a panic attack
A life with a purpose gets taken away
You can’t let it break you, you can’t be afraid
And here we go again, we’re breaking down the walls where it all began
And here we go again, we’re taking down the walls where it all began
We return to where it all began
And this time there is no going back...