Friday, October 13, 2023

2023, Vol 5: Who's Laughing Now

 


Music always offers comfort. And this could be my best mix in quite some time. 

It all started with a strong foundation. I was introduced to the band DURRY via my friend Sam Hoyas, and I instantly fell in love with their pitch-perfect pop debut album "Suburban Legend." So right away, I knew at least 3 of the songs from that album would make up the spine of this mix. 

Add to that brand new singles from The Rolling Stones, Crosses, L7, Lawrence, blink-182, Duran Duran; new music from slowdive, Explosions In The Sky, The National (a 2nd album in 2023!?), The Pauses. Friends music including System Syn, AL1CE, John Presnell (with an excellent music video by my dear friend Adam Barnick), my own new EP "Pike Project Plays Spiral Moon!" And the theme song from Netflix's ONE PIECE, arguably the best show this year, and this makes up for a lot of positive vibes. 

Give these tunes a spin, and enjoy! 

2023, Vol 5: Who's Laughing Now

1. Who's Laughing Now by Durry
2. Angry by The Rolling Stones
3. I'm From LA by Go Betty Go
4. 69th St. Bridge (from Escape From New York) by John Carpenter, Cody Carpenter, & Daniel Davies
5. Ghost Ride by Crosses
6. Terrible Lie by Static X
7. Say It Again by Filter
8. We Hold This Time by System Syn
9. Cooler Than Mars by L7
10. I Cocoon by The Pauses
11. My Sails Are Set (from the Netflix series One Piece) by Sonya Belousova & Giona Ostinelli
12. i'm confident that i'm insecure by Lawrence
13. I'm Fine (No Really) by Durry
14. Nursing Your Shadow by John Presnell 
15. Is It Over (Every Time We Say Goodbye) by Pike Project
16. Space Invader by The National
17. Ten Billion People by Explosions In The Sky
18. the slab by Slowdive
19. ONE MORE TIME by blink-182
20. MORE THAN YOU KNOW by blink-182
21. Are You Awake? by Lauren Mayberry (of Churches) 
22. See Me by AL1CE
23. Danse Macabre by Duran Duran
24. Somewhere by Johnny Marr
25. Another Fire by Voxtrot
26. Encore by Durry
27. Bending Hectic by The Smile