Sunday, December 18, 2022

The Best NIN Gig We Were Never At!


I've been fortunate enough to see Nine Inch Nails perform live several times over the years in multiple iterations. Everything from the Downward Spiral tour to their co-heading stadium tour with David Bowie, and beyond. But lately, I'd been going down the rabbit hole on YouTube for a series of videos I remember being posted on their official YouTube page. Live performances shot by their friend and collaborator Rob Sheridan directly on stage. The frantic nature of the footage, bouncing from band member to band member, coupled with the excellent sound mix straight from the soundboard makes for some of their all-time best performances!

I also found some recent uploads from their drummer Ilan Rubin; a drummer cam, if you will, and these performances of "The Perfect Drug," "March Of The Pigs," and "Piggy" were next level. 

I started collecting a bunch of these videos into a YouTube playlist and realized I was basically putting together the ultimate live Nine Inch Nails setlist! Since there are plenty of fellow NIN lovers out there, I thought I'd share what I consider to be the best NIN gig we were never at!

Nine Inch Nails: Live

1. Somewhat Damaged live from on stage Roskilde Festival, Denmark 7.3.09
2. March Of The Pigs / Piggy Live from The Santa Barbara Bowl 9.13.22 
3. Last live from on stage in Holmdel, NJ 6.06.09 
4. The Becoming live at Sasquatch Festival 5.24.09 
5. I'm Afraid of Americans live from on stage in Toronto, 6.02.09 
6. The Perfect Drug live from The Santa Barbara Bowl 9.13.22 
7. The Fragile live from on stage, Adelaide 2.28.09 
8. Burn live from on stage, Melbourne 2.25.09 
9. Survivalism live w/ Saul Williams, Atlanta 5.10.09 
10. The Big Come Down live circa 2013
11. Closer from the live CD / DVD "And All That Could Have Been"
12. Wish live in Cleveland 9.24.22 with NIN alumni Richard Patrick,  Chris Vrenna, Danny Lohner
13. Head Like A Hole live circa 2013