Sunday, June 5, 2022

The Givers Will Outlive Us All - A Mixtape by Charlie Kassay

 


A few weeks back, I was pleasantly surprised to come home and find this care package in the mail from my friend Charlie Kassay. I knew Charlie back in my band days when we both lived on Long Island, and he was one of the only people to book my band Pretty Polly and give us a fair chance. (You can find the Pretty Polly EP's "Now Or Never," "Getting Over It," and "Farewell To The Promised Ones" on Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Amazon or wherever you stream music these days!)

His kindness then is only matched by his kindness now. 

And after watching Analog Love, he was inspired to make me a mixtape. Not a playlist or CD, a legit old school mixtape. And having recently acquired a Walkman, I took the tape with me on my long neighborhood afternoon walks and felt a little of that 90s nostalgic magic. 

I knew I had to "digitize" it and share it with all of you, because this mix is great

So, below, on Apple Music, Spotify, or YouTube, I'd like to present to you arguably the most thoughtful gift anyone's given me all year...

The Givers Will Outlive Us All

1. Let's. Get. Dangerous by Iron Chic
2. My Life Is Over and I Couldn't Be Happier by PUP
3. Fill In The Blank by Car Seat Headrest
4. Epic Problem by Fugazi
5. Alone & Easy Target by Foo Fighters
6. Get My Mind Right by Fiddlehead
7. Living Well Is The Best Revenge by R.E.M. 
8. Teenage Wristband by The Twilight Singers
9. The Fixer by Pearl Jam
10. Hope the High Road by Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
11. Walls (Circus) by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
12. Getting Better by The Beatles
13. Lights Out by Angel Olsen
14. Pennyroyal Tea (Live Acoustic) by Nirvana from Nirvana Unplugged
15. Sisters of Mercy (Live) by Leonard Cohen from Cohen Live
16. Boundless Love by John Prine
17. All I Really Want To Do by Bob Dylan
18. Feathered Indians by Tyler Childers
19. 3:59 AM by John Moreland
20. Wasted and Rollin' by Amanda Shires
21. Dylan Thomas by Better Oblivion Community Center, Conor Oberst, Phoebe Bridgers
22. A Lot To Say by Imaginary Baseball League
23. Are You Wearing A Wire? by Satellite Lost
24. Closing Credits by With Every Idle Hour